The 2023–2024 application phase of the Shanghai Government Scholarship for international students is now open. The scholarships are open for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in Shanghai. The scholarship aims to attract outstanding and intelligent students and scholars from around the world and promote international cooperation and exchanges in Shanghai education.
The program is divided into categories A and B. An A-type scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance during the scholarship period, while a B-type scholarship is a partial scholarship that covers tuition and comprehensive medical insurance.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Shanghai Government
Scholarship to be taken at Shanghai
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarship Worth: Not Specified
Study Level: Undergraduate, Master, and PhD
Nationality: International students
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023-2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- Age and educational background:
- An applicant applying for undergraduate programs should obtain a high school degree or above and be no more than 25 years old; for master’s programs, the applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or above and be no more than 35 years old; for Ph.D. programs, the applicant should have a master’s degree or above with academic research ability and be no more than 40 years old.
- An applicant applying for the pre-college program should obtain a high school degree under the age of 23 and have a letter of pre-admission to an undergraduate program from a Shanghai university.
- Outstanding in academic performance.
- Language proficiency:
- Generally, applicants should achieve a Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university and program.
- Meeting the entry requirements of the applied university and program
- An applicant who has received any other scholarship offered by the Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply for the SGS.
How to Apply: Applications for Shanghai Government Scholarships are made online. Applicants can log onto http://apply.study.shmec.gov.cn and complete the application while ensuring that they attach the necessary supporting documents within the application window.
Application Timeline: February to April