Australia Tourist Visa From Nigeria
Australia Tourist Visa or Australia Visitor Visa is a type of visa that is not non-immigrant. It allows foreign citizens to travel to and stay within Australia for a brief period. It is necessary to have an Australia Visa to visit the country in the event that you are not a citizen of Australia and New Zealand. This latter case can be applied for VOA Visa upon Arrival.
Nationals from 45 ETA or E-Visitor eligible countries can submit the Australia Visa application online for Business or short tourism reasons. Others can submit Australia Visitor Visa applications for similar work and more extended stays.
All nationals regardless of age must apply for a visa before departing from their country of origin. There are a variety of Australia Tourist Visas and Working Holiday Visas, which can be obtained at the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Australia. Applications for certain visas to Australia are also available on the Department of Home Affairs’ official website.
Types of Australia Visitor Visa
There are a variety of categories for Australia Tourist visas available. The type of Visa will depend on the reason for your visit, passport, and length of time you will be staying. They must be overseas when making applications and must be covered by health insurance during their stay in Australia. Candidates are also required to meet specific financial and medical requirements.
The applicants who qualify are required to meet requirements for the Australia Visitor Visa requirements before applying. It generally requires an Australian Passport with at least three months of validity upon the arrival date in Australia. Additional documents supporting the visa may be required based on the Visa kind.
Subclass 601 Electronic Travel Authorization/ETA Visa
ETA Visa allows citizens from overseas to visit Australia several times during one year and remain for three months at each time. It is available to Passport holders from various countries and overseas countries.
Subclass 651 E-Visitor Visa
E-Visitor Visa permits overseas citizens to visit Australia repeatedly for a year and remain for three months on each visit. It is provided to Passport holders from a variety of countries within Europe and cannot be extended. This could be in the context of tourism or business.
Subclass 600 Visitor Visa
Subclass 600 Australia Visitor Visa allows foreign citizens to visit Australia to conduct tourism or business. The Visa is available to all citizens of the world. The Visa allows a stay of three months within Australia. However, a 12-month authorization is also possible in certain circumstances. Candidates are required to make payments of Visa fees to file their applications.
Australia Subclass 600 Visa comes with several sub-categories based on the nationality and the purpose of the applicant’s stay. It is possible to obtain the Australia Tourist Visa can authorize the stay of 12 months, 6 or 3 months for single or multiple entries. The DHA will decide on this DHA based on a case-by-case.
Nigerians who want to be eligible to obtain the Australia Visitor Visa from Nigeria to visit Australia for tourism reasons need to submit the application form to apply for a Subclass 600 Visa. It allows them to enter Australia to visit for tourism or business. Tourism includes holidays, sightseeing, recreation, and visiting relatives and acquaintances in Australia. Tourist Visa does not allow employees of any company or sell products or services in Australia.
Australia Visitor Visas will only have validity if your visit to Australia is to work for a salary or taking part in a training course or study is the primary motive for the trip.
Eligibility Criteria for an Australia Visit Visa
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this Subclass 600 Australia Visitor Visa:
- You must show that you are planning to remain in Australia only for a short duration
- The purpose of your trip to Australia should not be based on business or medical treatments.
- You will require sufficient funds to cover your expenses while you are in Australia
- You have to meet the standards of public interest, which include physical and mental health
- You must provide an immigration history from the past, inclusive of
- The previous trips to Australia should be in complying with Visa policies
- The number of prior Australian Visa applications
- The trips to other countries in the past
Nigerians who are interested in applying to apply for Australia Visitor Visa in Nigeria can prove that they are planning to come to Australia just for a brief period by providing the following information:
- Evidence of employment in Nigeria
- The evidence of approval for this leave from the employers
- The evidence of having been accepted to a school or university
- The evidence of income can be inclusive of assets and bank statements.
- Family ties are evident in Nigeria and Australia.
- The evidence of commitments is evident in Nigeria, including membership in specific groups or voluntary activities, for example.
Documents required to apply for Australia Tourist Visa
Candidates who are applying for Australia Visitor Visa have to present these documents:
Application Form 1419 for Visitor Visa: Tourist Visitor Stream
Documents for personal use
- Passport, The applicant will need to provide an official copy of all the pages, including pages with the alterations page, the bio-data page, and the final page.
- Photographs 2 recent passport-sized photos (45mmX35mm) that show your head and shoulders against a clean background. Your name should be placed on the backside of every photo.
- Visit Goal The itinerary contains every aspect of the trip, including the locations of the visit, activities to be undertaken, and more.
- A copy of your bank statement, which shows consistent savings in the past
- The copies of the documents you have will show the details of your funds and assets you own
- Tax documentation for the last three years
You must provide statutory proof of financial assistance from a relative and their ability to support it. This is the case if your family member or friend from Australia will be funding your trip. The evidence could be bank statements, tax documents, invitation letters, etc. Even if someone from Australia funds your travels, you must present proof of your financial situation. This is important when deciding if your reasons will allow you to return to Nigeria.
Documents Related to Employment
- The employer’s letter states your salary, designation, and duration of your employment. Confirm your leave and contact details of the person sending the letter.
- You need to provide evidence of your business’s registration that you’re self-employed.
- You will need to provide evidence of retirement if you’re retired.
- You will need to provide evidence of your enrollment if you’re studying. This could be a letter from the institution that you are studying at.
Documents Related to Health and Character
- It is possible to submit reports on particular medical tests or examinations using X-rays. Any person who wishes to move to Australia must meet the country’s health requirements.
- Proof of health insurance coverage to cover the duration of the stay
- AUSAID students or recipients have to submit a support letter provided to the AUSAID Minister
Children younger than 18 must present a notarized NOC – No Objection Document from the parent who is not accompanying them. They are also required to present the passport copies of their parents. The NOC will permit their travel to Australia. In this situation, form 1229 must be submitted if children travel or stay with people who aren’t connected. In this case, the nationality, date of birth, and complete name and address of these individuals must be disclosed. The person responsible for the child’s care in Australia must sign a declaration of support. In this instance, form 1257 needs to be submitted.
Note: Applicants must provide notarized copies of their documents. They are not required to file original documents unless specifically requested.
How do I apply for an Australia Tourist Visa?
Submitting applications to obtain an Australia Visitor Visa Subclass 600 is easy and well-organized.
Nigerians who want apply to apply for the Australia Visitor Visas from Nigerians can apply in person or online. It is recommended go to apply online. Online Visa applications are filed by establishing an Immi-Account before filling out the application.
You can go to the Australia Visa Application Centre to make an application on the internet. The original document will be given to the person at the counter when you apply for VAC. You must provide copies immediately inspected by VAC. The VAC office could take up to 15 working days to complete your application. The process may require additional time if your application requires an examination for medical reasons.
It is crucial to make sure that no errors are made during application, or false documents are not submitted. It could result in a rejection of the Visa application.