New Zealand Study Visa Types, Requirements Procedure, and Cost
If you’re an international student and plan to study within New Zealand, you must apply for a New Zealand Study Visa for at least three months.
If you’re a New Zealand citizen and hold a New Zealand residence class visa or an army visa, you don’t need a Study Visa.
This article will help you apply for a New Zealand Study Visa.
Different types of New Zealand Study Visa
- Fee-Paying Visa for Study Full-time study for four years or more with the option of working part-time.
- Student Visa for Exchange You can study full-time for up to four years under an exchange program for students that is approved. Foreign
- The Government Support Study Visa: You can study full-time for up four years under federal loans or scholarships.
- The Pathway Visa Full-time study for up to five years, take three classes on an individual student permit and be able to work part-time.
Which are your criteria for the New Zealand Study Visa?
These are the criteria for eligibility to be eligible for the eligibility criteria for a New Zealand Study Visa. To be eligible, you’ll need these requirements:
- To be accepted for the course or program at the New Zealand institute approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) or the Ministry of Education.
- To prove that you have money or a scholarship covering your tuition.
- To show proof of the minimum level of proficiency in the language.
- Present a return flight ticket back to home New Zealand.
What are the criteria for a New Zealand Study Visa?
Here’s a comprehensive list of the requirements to apply for the issuance of a New Zealand Study Visa:
- Acceptance of an offer from the NZ university.
- The proof of funds you need to assist yourself while in NZ.
- Passport normal photos.
- Valid passport
- Medical certificate.
- A police security clearance document.
- Medical and trip insurance.
- English tests for proficiency (at minimum, the IELTS score of 5.5 and above).
- Receipts for payments.
- Documentation of the travel date or sufficient funds to purchase transportation back home.
Based on the type of visa you are applying for the visa type you apply under, you might also be required to provide other supporting documents.
What is the procedure for applying for a New Zealand Study Visa?
Here’s a five-step process that is easy to follow to apply for a New Zealand Study Visa. The steps below are general, and some can differ based on the type of visa that you are applying for.
1. Receive an invitation letter
Be selected by your institute or university to attend, and receive an acceptance offer letter. You can go to the official site of the university for more information on the programs and courses offered. Additionally, you will need to cover mandate fees (if you have any) and supporting documents in this process.
2. Collect medical and police clearance certificates.
Once you’ve received the acceptance letter, you’ll have to undergo an examination for medical reasons. The examination will prove that you’re in good condition to fly to New Zealand. Additionally, you’ll be required to provide the police clearance report that states that you have no criminal record(s).
3. Submit your visa application
Log on to the portal online and apply an application for a New Zealand Study Visa. It is necessary to complete the required credentials and provide the required documents in this section. Be sure to complete all the required information and ensure the documents you submit are current and current.
4. Pay the fees
If successful, you’ll be granted an “Approval of Principle” (AIP). Once you’ve received the AIP, you must submit the tuition fee for at least your first year to the respective university/institution – alongside other charges such as accommodation and transportation.
5. Wait for the result
Once you’ve completed an application for a visa and paid the fee, the immigration authorities will inform you about your New Zealand Study Visa application results via email. If you are accepted, you’ll be issued a visa.
What is the cost of a New Zealand Study Visa?
It is important to note that the New Zealand Study Visa fees depend on the applicant’s country. New Zealand’s government New Zealand follows a system consisting of three bands.
- Band A: applicants who reside in NZ must fill out an application.
- Band B: Only for those that are from Pacific nations.
- Band C: For those who apply from all other national
|Student Visa Type||Fees for applicants in Band A (NZ$)||The fees for applicants for Band B(NZ$)||Fees for applicants starting the band C (NZ$1)||Immigration Cost (NZ$)|
|Visa via Education Provider||100||NA||NA||17|
How long is the time frame for processing a New Zealand Study Visa?
New Zealand Study Visa takes approximately 20 days to process. The processing period is dependent on your country and the Embassy. New Zealand Embassy processing times vary between 4 and 8 weeks; the longest is three months.
The Top Ten Universities of New Zealand for International Students
The following are the top universities in New Zealand that attract the most international students.
- University of Canterbury
- University of Auckland University of Auckland
- Auckland University of Technology
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Otago Institution
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- University of Otago
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
What are the advantages of the benefits of a New Zealand Study Visa?
- Lower chance of visa rejection.
- Learn while working on options.
- Fast and simple application process.
- The minimum documentation is needed.
- A variety of programs and courses to select from.
- International students can apply for scholarships.