Over the past few decades, transportation in Nigeria has transformed significantly. Air transportation has gained prominence and become the preferred choice for many, especially for trips between Lagos and Abuja. With several airlines offering daily flights, it is crucial to compare prices and schedules to get the best deal.
In this article, we’ll discuss the cost of flights from Lagos to Abuja, travel times, and recommend some top places to visit during your stay in Nigeria’s capital city.
Flight Costs from Lagos to Abuja
The price of a flight from Lagos to Abuja varies depending on factors such as the airline, booking time, and travel dates. Here are some popular airlines with their estimated one-way and return ticket prices for economy class:
One-Way Flight from Lagos to Abuja
- Dana Airways: N22,000 – N35,000
- Air Peace: N22,000 – N40,000
- Med View Airline: N23,000 – N40,000
- Arik Air: N20,000 – N35,000
Return Ticket from Lagos to Abuja
- Dana Airways: N44,000 – N75,000
- Air Peace: N44,000 – N70,000
- Med View Airline: N45,000 – N72,000
- Arik Air: N40,000 – N75,000
Please note that these prices may vary based on factors such as date and time of booking. To get the best deal, it is advisable to book your flight well in advance.
Travel Time from Lagos to Abuja
Although the distance between Lagos and Abuja remains the same, flight times may vary slightly among different airlines. On average, a flight from Lagos to Abuja takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The flying distance is approximately 536 kilometers (333 miles), while the driving distance is around 753 kilometers.
Top Places to Visit in Abuja
Whether you’re visiting Abuja for business or pleasure, the city offers numerous interesting and memorable attractions. Here are some must-see spots:
- Millennium Park: This beautiful park is the perfect place to appreciate nature and relax. With well-maintained gardens and abundant greenery, Millennium Park offers a serene atmosphere for leisurely strolls and picnics.
- Aso Rock: As the tallest and largest building in the Federal Capital Territory, Aso Rock is a sight to behold. It also serves as the residence of Nigeria’s president, making it a significant landmark in Abuja.
- Magicland Amusement Park: A trip to Abuja is incomplete without a visit to this fun-filled park. Formerly known as Wonderland Amusement Park, Magicland offers entertainment for both young and old, ensuring a memorable experience.
- Jabi Lake Park: An excellent spot for relaxation and outdoor activities, Jabi Lake Park is a popular destination among locals and tourists alike.
- National Children’s Park and Zoo: A great place for families, the National Children’s Park and Zoo is home to a variety of animals and offers an engaging, educational experience for children.
- Gurara Falls: For nature enthusiasts, a visit to the breathtaking Gurara Falls is a must. The falls are a beautiful sight, making for an unforgettable outing.
- Eagle Square: As a symbol of Nigeria’s unity and strength, Eagle Square is an important landmark that often hosts national events and celebrations.
In conclusion, air travel between Lagos and Abuja is a convenient and reliable means of transportation, with numerous flights available daily. To get the best deals, compare airlines and book your tickets in advance. When visiting Abuja, be sure to explore the city’s many attractions, which offer a diverse range of experiences for travelers.