National Health Laboratory Service (NHLS) invites suitable candidates apply for Internship Programme 2020 / 2021.
Internship Application deadline is 18 September 2020
Internship Location: South Africa
A limited number of positions on a 2 year fixed-term contract are available for Intern Medical Scientists (Grade TC1), for the 2020/2021 intake at the below training centres.
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University – (Ref. GAUSMU-0920-001) Anatomical Pathology-x2Chemical Pathology-x2Haematology-x1Medical Microbiology-x2Virology-x2University of Cape Town (Ref. WNCUCT-0920-001) Genetic Counselling-x1Haematology-x1Medical Microbiology-x1Human Genetics x2Virology-x1University of the Free State (Ref. FNWUFS-0920-001)Haematology-x1Human Genetics-x3Medical Microbiology-x1University of KwaZulu-Natal (Ref. KZNUKZN-0920-001)Anatomical Pathology-x1Chemical Pathology-x1Medical Microbiology-x1Virology-x1Haematology-x1University of Pretoria (Ref. GAUUP0920-001)Chemical Pathology-x2Haematology-x2Immunology-x2Virology-x1University of Stellenbosch (Ref. WNCUS-0920-001)Chemical Pathology-x1Haematology-x1Immunology-x1Medical Microbiology-x1University of the Witwatersrand (Ref. GAUWITS-0920-001)Chemical Pathology-x1Genetic Counselling-x1Haematology/Molecular Biology-x2Human Genetics-x2Immunology-x1Medical Microbiology-x2National Institute for Communicable Diseases (Ref. NICD–0920–001)Medical Microbiology-x4Virology-x2Immunology-x1Molecular Biology x1National Institute of Occupational Health (Ref. NIOH–0920–001)Anatomical Pathology-x1Medical Microbiology-x1Analytical Chemistry-x2
During this period, candidates will attain, under supervision, discipline specific knowledge, experience and undergo training to perform diagnostic procedures and medical science research as prescribed in the standard operating procedures in order to qualify for registration as an Independent Medical Biological Scientist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
The Intern Medical Scientist will receive a stipend depending on qualifications (R126 858 for NQF8, R160 222 for NQF 9 and R193 584 NFQ 10), per annum.
Requirements: ■ 4 Year BSc Degree or Honours Degree in a Medical/Clinical Pathology discipline. Only graduates with Pathology courses will be shortlisted.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send their concise CV’s, ID, qualification(s) and academic transcripts to email address: [email protected] . Very important; please indicate the name of the University/centre and discipline in your email subject line (e.g. University of Pretoria, Immunology).
Enquiries can be directed to the same email address above or Keslin Chetty at 011 386 6537.
Applicants must ensure that their applications have been received. Due to inherent job and operational requirements, the applicable pre-employment screening and relevant qualification verifications will be performed on successful candidates. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not heard from the NHLS within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Incomplete applications or applications that do not follow the instruction above will not be considered.The NHLS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The NHLS Employment Equity targets will guide the filling of positions.
GUIDELINES TO APPLICANTS
1. If you meet the requirements, kindly forward a concise CV to The relevant Practitioner/Administrator (Human Resources) by email.
2. Response Email addresses of the relevant HR representative and or Region is supplied at the end of each regional adverts. The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application has been received. Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
3. Any credentials of the contract of employment will be subject to criminal record checks, citizen verification, financial record checks, qualification/Study verification, previous employment verification, social media accounts behavior/comments verifications, competency/psychometric assessments, signing of performance contract on appointment, signing of an employment contract on appointment, presentation etc.
4. All health professional roles may be subjected to further assessment in line with the applicable proficiency matrix to determine the correct level and or grade.
5. The NHLS reserves the right, at its discretion, to remove the advertisement and or not to appoint.
6. Internal employees are required to complete a period of twelve months in current role before they can be eligible to apply for transfer.
7. Proof of registration with a Professional body (e.g. HPCSA, SANC etc.) and other supporting documents should accompany all applications.
8. These positions are open to all employees of the NHLS Including the employees who are on contract in similar or different positions.
9. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
10. The NHLS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The filing of posts will be guided by the NHLS employment Equity Targets.
11. Successful applicants will be remunerated on the published scale associated with the grade of the post. This means that the remuneration of an applicant who is successful for a position that is lower than his/her current job grade will be adjusted downward with effect from the date of appointment.
12. External applicants shall be responsible for all expenditure related to attendance ofinterviews.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za