The issue of “how to study in Canada without IELTS?” has always been discussed.
The requirement for English Proficiency in countries such as Canada, Australia, the US, and the UK has afflicted thousands of international students who wish to pursue their studies in a country that offers an education of the highest quality.
If you’re a student and want to be a student, this blog is perfect for you!
Before we reveal the best methods to learn in Canada without the IELTS, let us learn about this renowned test for language proficiency.
What is IELTS?
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a well-established test that tests English competence for people who are not native English language users. It was established in 1989. it was established in 1989.
Jointly administered through the IDP, British Council, IELTS Australia, and Cambridge Assessment English, There are two different versions of the IELTS test you can select between General or Academic Training.
The General IELTS is needed for career development and immigration reasons for college and university admission.
1. IELTS for Study
The world’s largest and most established colleges and universities are willing to accept an IELTS test result as valid evidence of your ability in English.
2. IELTS for Professionals
Achieving proof of language proficiency is essential when applying for a work permit in a foreign country. Speaking fluently is essential to success and is an essential part of the work requirements.
3. IELTS for Immigration
Numerous government agencies take the IELTS test in their application process for permanent citizenship or residency. The achievement of those minimum scores required to qualify for Canada Permanent Residency and demonstrating language proficiency skills can prove an immigrant’s capacity to join a new community or job.
Although IELTS is an essential requirement, other options exist to help you get your IELTS score in Canada. Check out the following.
How to study in Canada without IELTS?
Can you study at a university in Canada in Canada without IELTS? YES!
There are a variety of alternatives to study at Canadian colleges and universities that do not require IELTS.
Exemption: International students from English-speaking countries are exempt from the IELTS test scores.
English Medium Certificate: International students can submit evidence that they have been studying at the Medium English school for a minimum of four years.
Alternate English Examinations: International students can submit their scores for other English tests, such as those from the Duolingo English Test, TOEFL PTE, and Duolingo English Test.
Course Exemption: International students may choose to take English courses in the language provided by the university (if the course is offered).
Best Universities/Colleges to study in Canada without IELTS
We’ve compiled a list of Canada’s top 10 universities and colleges that do not require IELTS. There are also other schools you can apply to if you want to study in Canada without taking the IELTS.
- Language school pathways.
- Brock’s intense English language course.
- English Language proficiency waiver letter concluding English was the medium of instruction at the previous university.
- Official transcripts from the final three academic years in high school, universities, or college (proving that your previous schooling included English). English Language).
- Intensive English Program at Memorial University’s St. John’s Campus or Grenfell Campus.
University of Regina
- A certificate of completion of postsecondary training in English.
- The English ability of students is determined at the time of their arrival. Alternative test scores such as PTE, TOEFL, and Duolingo English Test (DET) are acceptable. Students who do not satisfy the requirements must complete the English instruction before beginning their program of choice.
University of Saskatchewan
- Two years of diplomas in Canada before the beginning of the program.
- Three-year diplomas for those who live in countries outside Canada.
- A one-year course with a course in English.
University of Winnipeg
- The choice to enroll in an English Language Program at the university.
- The intensive English Language program is present at the university with conditions of acceptance. Students must prove they completed four years of studies at an English intermediate secondary or post-secondary school.
- Alternative test proofs for tests like DET, TOEFL, CAEL, CAE, CPE, and PTE.
- Duolingo score.
- The applicant must have completed two years of studies in an institution of higher learning that is English-speaking.
- Possessing CAEL CE, Cambridge English Exams Duolingo PTE academic, and TOEFL results are required.
Now that you know you can study in Canada without IELTS, it’s time to start preparing for student life in the Great White North! You can apply to universities in Canada that do not require IELTS scores to get a study visa. Those who apply to universities without IELTS can get their student visa by submitting scores from alternate English Language Proficiency tests, such as CAEL or TOEFL iBT.