From time to time, potential immigrants and visa applicants experience login errors when accessing the CIC Portal.
Despite repeated efforts by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to fix sign-in issues, they still do happen. In this post, we will discuss a workaround whether or not you’re applying for a visa or other government service that requires signing in with your GCKey user ID and password or third-party sign-in partners.
You must use your express entry login profile to immigrate to Canada. For example, you must state your expression of interest in the profile. Additionally, if you are immigrating to study, you must also state that in the profile. You will also need the express entry login for your permanent residence application. In other words, you need the express entry login for any immigration-related issues.
Finally, you can use the express entry login profile for the following:
- check the status of your application
- find a form.
- apply online
- pay your fees
- check your messages
Express Entry Profile
The first step is establishing an express entry login account to enter Canada as a skilled worker. This is the first step in becoming an immigrant. Additionally, it will make you eligible to join an entry into the Express Entry pool.
But you must meet the eligibility requirements to fill out your profile. If you’re eligible, then it is the IRCC will:
- Place you in the express entry pool
- your rank and score with certain elements
- If you’re among the top performers and you score the highest, you will be given to join.
- After receiving a response from IRCC, You can apply online in 60 days.
However, you can’t receive an invitation to apply through IRCC. So, you must ensure that you score well in the application pool.
Make your Express Entry profile.
Making your express entry profile will be the first step toward obtaining the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in Canada. The profile will send invites (ITAs) to those eligible for a bi-weekly express entry draw. Create the profile for express entry after you believe you’re qualified.
Follow these steps to create accounts on the IRCC website in case you don’t already have one or update your express entry account according to your requirements.
You require IRCC login information (usually an account user name and password of a minimum) for accessing your account on an express basis. This will allow you to access your CIC account.
First, the IRCC login is used to get started on your application. In addition, you may make use of it to submit or pay for an application. After you have created your account, your CIC account will allow you to apply for immigration, verify the status of your application or submit documents for an existing application. In this way, you can use it to do these purposes:
- Receive messages about your application.
- Verify what is the current status of your request
- Update your personal information.
To sign up for or use to use a Canada Immigration account, you need to sign-up on the CIC portal with your credentials by using one of the choices below:
- Join as a partner
Option 1: GCKey
To log in using your GCKey, your user ID and a password are required.
How do you create an account for a GCKey or CER account?
You can establish a CIC Express Entry account through GCKey following these steps:
- The next step for creating the CER Account is to create an account username. Input your password and username. Then provide security questions, answers, and tips to remind you in case you have forgotten your CIC login information. You can set up an account that is generic if a lot of users are using your account. To be safer for your account, it is essential to keep your username in mind to be able to refer back later.
- After you are done, ensure you have completed your application. You might be asked to confirm your preferred language (English and French) during the process.
- A confirmation email will be delivered to confirm your signing-up procedure. Last, fill in your contact details. Any areas that have red asterisks are mandatory. You may choose to create an email address to complete this. To complete the process, you need to click “Save.” Then, you will receive an email confirming that you’ve created an account with CER.
Option 2: Sign-In Partner
Another way to establish an IRCC login is to use an online sign-in partner. You can thus log in using your online Canadian banking details if you have an existing login with IRCC partners. Sign-in partners are the following:
- You must use the same login information for other online services to accomplish this.
- Furthermore, none of your details will be divulged to IRCC. So, your Sign-In partner won’t know what government service you are using.
- You’ll be temporarily removed from Canada.ca to sign in with your Partner.
I’m unable to sign into my account. What can I do?
If you are experiencing an issue when you try to access an express login account, you can try these simple solutions.
- Ensure you use the latest browser-supported version, such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
- Switch to your most-loved link or bookmark
- Remove any favorite links you have saved or bookmarks.
- Close your browser, then
- Restart the browser
- Clear your browser’s cache
- Close the browser once more.
- Reopen the browser and attempt to sign in to your account.
But, even after trying these solutions, the issue remains. Contact the IRCC through an online form:
Select Enquiry, then Technical problems from the drop-down menu. Add the following details within the Text box:
- Whether you log out of your account following each session
- If you share a home or office with account users
- Your method of connecting to the network, through a broadband router, VPN, or any other.
- Upload screenshots from your account to can be used to
- the page(s) that you’re having issues
- The errors message(s) you receive
- You should know how to organize many photos into one document if you have to upload many photos.
Please do not send us your query more than one time. It may delay our response. In the end, we’ll attempt to get back to you in two to five business days.
Permanent Residence Portal
- Log in to your account
- Username / Email
- Forgot your password?
If your account isn’t an account
You can open an account if you don’t have an account. In this case, you’ll make use of:
- Sign in
- Do you not have an account?
How does the portal work
- You will receive an invitation to confirm your identity.
- your address for the residence
- and the email addresses of every person listed on your application
- You’re located in Canada
- You can create an account to help you.
- Send another email with your temporary account information.
SINP Online Login
You can use your SINP login to sign up for any Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Programs. So, you’ll be able to use login for your SINP Online login in place of your express entry log-in.
If you visit SINP’s website SINP site, it is possible to fill the blank spaces with accurate information.
- Log in to SINP online
- User ID
- Are you unable to remember your User ID and Password?
PEI PNP Express Entry
It is accomplished by way of the Expression of Interest (EOI) system. Foreign nationals must indicate their interest and be invited to be considered for PEI PNP. To do this, you need to submit the online form.
PEI Express Entry Profile
The first step is to make a PEI PNP Express of Interest Profile. The profile performs the function of an express login. You must log in to your account whenever you wish to access this program.
You can make the OINP log-in profile when you are interested in applying to every Ontario PNP program. Similar to others PNP profiles, this one replaces an express entry log-in.
To create the OINP account, you must follow these steps in the following steps:
- Log in to the portal
- Sign up for ONe-key
- Make sure you register your interest to be considered for an employer’s job opportunities and graduate student streams.
- Please fill out the application
- Make payment and fill out your application.
We understand that logging in to CIC’s CIC website can cause a hassle at times. We want to make it easier. To sign up for your account with this Canadian immigration website, it is necessary to:
- Create an account with GCKey. GCKey account.
- Enter the express login credentials to enter. Connect to your existing Sign-in Partners (or set up new ones).
If you’re still having issues connecting after you’ve completed these steps, or if you have concerns regarding using this GCKey portal, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Canada visa office in person.