The most well-known places to visit in Canada. Anyone who visits Canada is sure to enjoy a thrilling experience in all aspects, from taking in the stunning natural beauty of the landscape or taking part in a helicopter tour or a balloon flight across Niagara Falls and Toronto. However, with the degree of security and regulations that the industrialized nation has imposed, traveling across Canada as an individual tourist has not been an easy task. Except for countries that do not need a visa to travel to Canada, Nigerian citizens must get a tourist visa before traveling to Canada. However, getting a Tourist visa in Canada hasn’t been this difficult. This visa guide will provide all the help you need to complete the online application process for a tourist visa to Canada and the application process on paper.
Tourists visiting Canada to visit the country are eligible to apply for a specific kind of visa granted by Canada’s Canadian government. There are two kinds of Canada visas that are available:
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
- Permanent Resident Visa (PRV)
The sub-category of temporary Resident visas is those with the Canada Tourist visa. A Canadian tourist visa is generally chosen for vacations, travel, or visits to relatives, friends, or other relatives. Its Border Patrol Officers (BPO) are responsible for accepting or denying the visa before it is given to a visitor to Canada who doesn’t meet the criteria set by government officials of the Canadian government. If a citizen from one of the nations that are not required to have visas travel to Canada via plane, they could require to obtain an ETA (Electronic travel authorization). The ETA is, however, only valid for a limited category of countries with a good relationship with Canada. Nigerian citizens require a visa.
Learn more about the documentation required to obtain a Canadian tourist visa from Nigeria
Documents needed for Canada Tourist Visa
Documents are vital in determining the length of time this process can take. You must quickly submit the documents listed below to avoid circumstances that could delay the process. The requirements to apply for a visa for tourists to Canada are as follows:
- A valid passport.
- Three photos are required for the application for a Canadian visa.
- Filled out and signed application forms that are signed and properly completed.
- The itinerary for the trip includes confirmation of air tickets as well as evidence of accommodation.
- Financial capability evidence
- You intend to leave Canada before the expiration of your visa and then return to your country of origin.
- documents of identity as well as Civil Status
- Police checks that prove an impeccable record (if requested)
- an official medical statement attesting to your absence of chronic diseases (if requested)
- A cover letter that outlines your motives as well as your travel itinerary and duration of your stay
- Canada’s support letter and invitation
Canada Tourist Visa Eligibility
The criteria for eligibility for the Canada tourist visa depend on many elements, such as nationality and age, health requirements, and the possession of specific legal documents. The information below may help you understand Canada’s eligibility requirements.
- The nationals of those countries not listed on the list of countries exempted from this require a visa to enter Canada. Nigerian citizens may apply for a Canadian visitor visa.
- To be eligible to apply for the Nigerian visa in Canada, applicants must possess a passport that is valid over a minimum of six months from the date they want to enter.
- Children younger than 18 are not eligible to apply for a visa and cannot be admitted to the country without the permission of their legal guardians or parents.
- A candidate must be fit and free of chronic diseases. Therefore, a medical examination is required. It is recommended that those who have an illness let the embassy know about it.
- To live comfortably in Canada, it is essential to have sufficient funds. Your bank account balance should align with the sum stated when you fill out the application.
- If you’ve had an invite from a relative, a member of your household, or another relative, The Invitation Letter should be submitted along with the application.
Canada is an ideal destination to study from. Study visas are a great option. A student visa includes the minimum requirements and is pretty simple to obtain. There are many possibilities to extend the duration of your time in Canada after your course has been completed.