The most important sectors of the Australian labor market, which will provide plenty of Australian jobs that are in high demand until 2024, include:
- Healthcare Care and Social Assistance – 252,600 positions through 2023
- Training and Education -113,700 jobs through 2023
- Professional, Scientific & Technical Services – 172,400 positions until 2023
- Construction – 118,800 jobs by 2023
Australia’s list of skilled occupations includes more than 200 jobs. We have listed the top 50 most sought-after Australian jobs based on current Occupation ceilings set by Australia’s Government of Australia.
Occupation Ceiling is the maximum limit for the amount of EOIs Expression of Interest, also known as invitations from the Government of Australia for a particular type of work. It provides uniformity among the various professions available to highly skilled professionals.
Until 2024, no further invitations will be given for a job category over the limit. It should be noted that caps do not apply to the following categories.
- Territorial or State-nominated occupation
- The Business and Innovation Employer-sponsored Subclasses Visas
Top 50 Australian Jobs in Demand in 2023
|Rank||Job In demand||Occupation Ceiling||Occupation ID|
|2||Teachers Secondary School||8,716||2414|
|3||Applications and Software Programmers||8,405||2613|
|6||Joiners and Carpenters||6,812||3312|
|7||Machinists and Metal Fitters||6,335||3232|
|10||University Tutors and Lecturers||5,042||2421|
|11||Welding Trades and Structural Steel Workers||4,866||3223|
|14||Resident Medical Officers and General Practitioners||4,257||2531|
|15||Other Specialist Managers||4,188||1399|
|16||Civil Engineering Professionals||3,919||2332|
|17||Pre-primary /Early Childhood School Teachers||3,321||2411|
|18||Painting Trades Workers||3,303||3322|
|19||Production, Mechanical, and Industrial Engineers||2,682||2335|
|20||ICT Security Specialists and Database and Systems Administrators||2,667||2621|
|21||Systems and ICT Business Analysts||2,273||2611|
|23||Computer Network Professionals||2,245||2631|
|24||Electronics Trades Workers||2,047||3423|
|26||Teachers – Special Education||1,721||2415|
|27||Stonemasons and Bricklayers||1,712||3311|
|30||Welfare Services and Health Managers||1,666||1342|
|31||Company Secretaries, Auditors, and Corporate Treasurers||1,619||2212|
|32||Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanics||1,581||3421|
|34||Medical Laboratory Scientists||1,536||2346|
|37||Landscape Architects and Architects||1,452||2321|
|42||Instructors, Sports Coaches, and Officials||1,262||4523|
|43||Trainers and Animal Attendants||1,239||3611|
|44||Other Medical Practitioners||1,168||2539|
|45||Medical Imaging Professionals||1,161||2512|
|46||Other Physical Science and Natural Professionals||1,056||2349|
|48||Floor and Wall Tilers||1,000||3334|
|49||Media Producers, Artistic Directors, and Presenters||1,000||2121|
|50||Dancers, Actors, and Other Entertainers||1,000||2111|
Covid-19 offers new opportunities to skilled workers.
To help recover Australia’s economy Australia from the impacts of the pandemic, The Government of Australia has declared 17 professions to be in critical need of skilled workers. Priority processing is provided to Visa applicants with an occupation listed on those lists. PMSOL as well as Employer-sponsored nominations. The provisional Australia visa holders are going to get exemptions.
PMSOL – Priority Migrating Skilled Occupation List
The 17 occupations, as well as their ANZSCO codes, are as they are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Project Manager – Construction (133111)
- Engineer Mechanical (233512)
- Practitioner – General (253111)
- Medical Officer Resident (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- NEC Medical Practitioner (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Aged Care registered nurse (254412)
- Critical Care and Emergency Certified Nurse (254415)
- Medical registered nurse (254418)
- Nursing Registered in Mental Health (254422)
- Perioperative Nurse – Certified Nurse (254423)
- NEC Registered nurses (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Engineer Software (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
- These Visa subclasses sponsored and arranged by employers may be eligible for priority processing under PM SOL. Temporary Skills Shortage Class 482 Visa
- Provisional Regional Subclass 494 for Skilled Employers sponsored by Skilled Employers. Visa
- Employer Nomination Scheme Subclassclass Visa
- Subclasses of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa 187
Diverse programs to help Australia’s Skilled Immigration
The Skilled Nominated Class 190 Visa
As a potential skilled immigrant to Australia, You can apply for this Australia Subclass Visa if you already have an offer for employment.
Skilled independent Subclass Visa
It is also possible to move to Australia as an individual skilled immigrant without the sponsorship of relatives, the state, or an employer in Australia.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Australia Highly Skilled Independent Visa
You must earn more than 65 points from 100 points. The points are allocated determined by your:
- Age You must be within the age bracket of 18 to 45 years old.
- Educational – Authorities provide preference to those with Doctoral or Master’s Degrees. Bachelor’s Degrees.
- Experience in the field – you should be able to demonstrate at least one year of working there.
- The ability to communicate – you have to prove that you have a sufficient level of proficiency in English.
- Health Certificate Health
- Certificate of Character
The Application Process to apply for Professional Skilled Migration to Australia
General Skilled Mobility: GSM Program of Australia is the most efficient route for skilled workers from overseas to be eligible for an Australia Work Visa and, subsequently, Australia PR Visa.
Stage 1 Accreditation
An accreditation body must decide if your qualifications and experience are comparable to the standards of Australia according to your kind of work. The accreditation body will issue a certificate of accreditation following approval.
Diverse occupations have diverse bodies for accreditation. The decision can be offered in 2 to 3 months.
Stage 2 Test to test English Language English Language
You must score 6 of 9 in each area on the IELTS Exam: Listening, Writing, Reading, Speaking, and Listening.
Level 3 ITA, as well as EOI
Applying for the Australia Visa through Skill Select using an EOI – Expression of Interest is necessary. Only applicants who submit an EOI can be considered eligible for an ITA. The Government of Australia has to give you an ITA invitation to apply for a Skilled Visa.
Stage 4 Applications for state nomination
It is possible to apply for a nomination from the State Government if your occupation is required in a particular area in Australia. The results of the nomination process are announced in one to four weeks.
Stage 5 – Visa Application Online
Your application should consist of certified copies of your professional experience documentation, certified translations, and other official documents.
- Stage 6, Certificates and Medical Exams for Police Certificates along with Medical Exams
It is necessary to have a medical examination only by an accredited local doctor through Australia’s Embassy of Australia. A Police Clearance Certificate is also required. It should state that you’ve lived there for one year in the last ten years.
What is the Processing Time 2023 for Australia PR Visa 2023?
The time required to process the Australia PR Visa application in 2022 will be between 9 and 12 months.
What exactly is Australia’s STSOL short-term skilled Occupation List?
The STSOL is a list of jobs that suffer from the need for skills. The list is compiled through the department of home affairs and employment Department of Home Affairs and Department of Employment, considering the factors influencing employment expansion. The list is reviewed once every six months.
What’s the Australian nomination program for Northern Territory? Northern Territory?
The Northern Territory in Australia provides jobs to skilled workers who stay updated with modern technological advancements. The nomination program in NT chooses skilled and professional tradespeople to live and work in the region of Australia.
What is the need in Australia for professionals with a high level of expertise?
The ABS: Australian Bureau of Statistics categorizes jobs based on five skill levels. Every level of competence corresponds to formal experience or training in the area.
Australia has witnessed an increased shortage of skilled workers in various sectors in the last few years. Increased employment opportunities in the labor market assess highly skilled and qualified occupations in demand.
Australia has a huge demand for healthcare professionals and the construction and education sectors.
How do you take part in a test for skills for Australia?
Achieving an assessment of the abilities to be eligible for Australian immigration is a process that involves two steps:
- Contact the authority responsible for evaluating the skills required for your position.
- Request the assessment and provide the assessment as a digital file with an Australia Visa application.