Impact Economix invites suitable applicants for Researcher Graduate / Internship opportunities for 2021.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
Duration: 6 Months
This position would suit a flexible and articulate candidate that works well in a team, is target driven, ambitious and hard working. Candidates must be able to reside and work legally in South Africa. Interns are expected to work 3-4 days a week (the detailed weekly schedule is flexible and will be negotiated with the successful candidate).
- Diploma or Masters degree (in Economics or Monitoring and Evaluation);
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills;
- Excellent understanding of descriptive statistics and qualitative research methods (experience in conducting literature reviews and developing theories of change an advantage);
- Microsoft Office, Internet and email computer skills (SPSS and Atlas_ti skills a plus);
- Knowledge of and ability to develop indicators and design monitoring and evaluation data collection instruments (interview schedules, questionnaires etc.);
- Knowledge of the use of graphic presentation including computerized graphics;
- Experience with research design, data collection techniques incl. surveys, data analysis and report writing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong report writing skills and analytical approach;
- Motivated and self-driven;
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and ensure efficient time and self-management;
- Fluency in English (additional South African languages such as Xhosa, Zulu etc. will be an advantage);
- High energy level;
- Ideally located in the Western Cape or Gauteng (although applicants from other Provinces will also be considered).
How to apply